Friday, September 2, 2011

Mommy's Project 52:5 Loving

Well this week I am determined to get away from my lists! LOL.

I try to tech my children how to be loving and kind to each other and other people. So when they are not fighting they are GREAT to each other. Brielle more so than Connor. Brielle tries to help comfort Connor when he is upset. She gets him things, shares with him, and she tells him when he does something good. Connor LOVES his big sister he is always looking for her and wanting to play with her. When she goes over to a friends house to play he stands at the doorway looking for her and says "Sissy?".

What I really wanted to write about is my husband and how we have been doing with him half a world away. I have really been missing him the last week or two. For me him being where he is encourages me to show him love in ways I didn't before and to appreciate the small stuff. The hurried phone call, the post on my Facebook wall put there when we couldn't both be awake and online at the same time. The way he sounds so happy each time he gets a care package. To show him love so far away we make him things, draw and paint pictures, write letters to him, I take video and pictures of the kids. I send care packages full of things I know he likes and some stuff that I hope will make him smile and laugh. Stuff he can have fun with, stuff he can enjoy and know that people back home love and support him. Am I always doing it right? No, probably not but I try.

So to my husband, I love you and I miss you. I can't wait for you to come home! (Its starting to get cold at night and I need my heater. LOL). Thank you for all that you do.

No comments: