Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mommy's Project 52:4 Dirty

Here is my typical Sarah, thought provoking  list post:

My dirty little secrets about pregnancy and being a mommy:

Sometimes while I was pregnant I felt like a host for a parasite--man did I hate pregnancy!

When I was pregnant I ate whatever I wanted. Don't get me wrong I ate fruits and vegetables and all that, but with Connor I wanted bacon--ALL THE TIME--so I ate it every chance I could. With Brielle I could not gain weight so they said eat pizza, make milk shakes everyday, so I did. Man did I have a lot of milkshakes!

When I got stretch marks with my son I was PISSED! I cursed, ranted and yelled. Then I went and cried my eyes out.

I would go through labor and delivery 10 times in order to avoid nine months of pregnancy. I loved feeling my baby move and all that other good stuff but overall I was sick and uncomfortable the whole time.

You will miss the little stuff from before you had kids. Don't get me wrong I don't wish my kids away but man sometimes I wish for privacy in the bathroom, to sleep in past 0800, to have a conversation that does not involve my children (what did I talk about before I had kids???), or maybe to watch an entire movie in one sitting.

That saying about having your heart walking around outside your body is totally true and you will never totally understand until you are a mom.

I have never felt pride the way I do when my children are successful at something.

Some of that stuff I said I would never tolerate from your child or let my child do--yeah, it happens sometimes.

My children have gotten sick and been in pain and I hurt so much for them. I also get angry and frustrated sometimes because I can't make it better and lets be honest because it is the 3rd night in a row I have got less than 4 hours of sleep...

My children will teach me at least as much as you teach them.

Nothing beats having my child tell me they love me or that I am their best friend. It is the MOST incredible feeling in the world.

Sometimes I have to take a time out.

Being a Mommy can be overwhelming and under-appreciated.

I always think someone else is doing it better.

I can't be on time for anything unless I get there at least 30 minutes early. So if it's an important thing I plan to leave an hour before I actually need to be there so I am on-time or no more than 5 minutes late.

I really feel like an ass when I scold my child for coming out of her bedroom for the 3rd time at bedtime only to hear her say "I just want a hug mommy"

I thought I would never want to be a stay at home mom, but I am actually loving more all the time. Except when they are screaming and whining all day.

I have become (as my husband would say) more of a hippie since having kids. I try to clean greener, eat fresh fruit and veggies, grow my own food, make more of my own stuff, the list goes on...

I make friends through my children. That's kinda sad but at least I know who my children are friends with and what kind of experiences they will have when I am not there.

Sometimes between my kids, my husband (shh... don't tell him lol), the Army, bills, and well just life, I think I will end up at the mental hospital down the street.

I have realized it is going to be awfully hard to let the kids go...

The only night I have spent away from Brielle was when I gave birth to Connor (and half a night when Ty had appendicitis). I have never been away from Connor overnight. Sometimes I wish for one night away but the one night away was so hard.

Sometimes I tell my kids I am going to the bathroom and I just go sit there for 15 minutes to be alone.

Sometimes when company is coming I shove the dirty dishes into the stove to hide them and all the random things get thrown in our bedroom and the door gets closed.

I love on-demand and Netflix. It is a goldmine of time when I get left alone kids shows. And if you haven't seen Super Why you should check it out on Sprout or Netflix.

I try REALLY hard not schedule anything away from home during nap-time. I need the peace and quiet.

Wow! This ended up being pretty long, and I could write more. What are your dirty secrets about being a mom?

6 comments:

JAMR said...

We love Super Why! here, too! :)
Great list. I totally get it. Being a mom changes everything!

Dineed said...

Yes. Yes. Yes. I totally get it, too. My secret is sometimes I feel guilty for spending nap time on the internet reading blogs so I hurry and do stuff in the house right before my husband comes home so he thinks I have been productive. As if taking care of the kids all day doesn't count.

Me said...

Love that list! My dirty little secret: I blog during nap time to interact with other adults at least once during the day;)

Sarah said...

You guys are overachievers! Blogging at nap time? Since Ty has been gone I haven't been sleeping great at night so I spend nap time napping. LOL.

Donna said...

I love "dirty secrets!" This topic had me thinking of all the funny connotations of the word "dirty," too. :)

I have dirty secrets. For example, I hide junk food from Abigail so that I can eat it myself (or I get it when she's not with me). Sometimes I let her have a snack and sit on the couch watching a movie when I'm frustrated and retreat to another room for personal time. Sometimes I let the laundry pile up until we're out of clean underwear! LOL I pretty much always let the dishes pile up (that's like every single day - argh!). I like to watch crap reality shows so that I know other people's lives are dumber than mine...

and there is NOTHING wrong with being a hippy! :D

Kelly said...

I'm a little late commenting on this, but I had to because I love it. As someone who had to be on prescription meds for BOTH pregnancies because of extreme morning sickness (and at least one trip to the ER for dehydration), I feel ya...I would jump at having another baby if I didn't have to go through actually being pregnant.

And, dirty dishes in the stove! Brilliant! I'll have to try that one next time.